In keeping with the tradition of supporting and promoting soccer in the St. Louis area, AC St. Louis Fanatic will start a “Youth Player of the Week Award”, where we will select one player in the metro-St. Louis area who shows promising skills as a footballer.
We have worked with AC St. Louis to promote this new idea. Each week, we will display our winner. That winner will be featured on our website. In addition, the player and their family will win four VIP tickets to an AC St. Louis home game, as well as having their name presented to the crowd at the same home game.
As we all know, it is hard to get people to notice youth players. But with over 45,000 pageviews since our inception in February of 2010, we feel that we could do our part to promote these youth players.
Not only are we looking for players that know how to play the beautiful game, but we are looking for good people as well. While showing what one can do on the field is important, it is evermore important that our possible future stars can be role models off the field as well.
We welcome you to enter your (or your child’s) name in our weekly award. Here are the eligibility requirements for the Youth Player of the Week Award:
1. Between the ages of 13 and 17
2. Attend school within 100 miles of downtown St. Louis.
3. Provide video of your child’s soccer highlights. If you have a video on YouTube already, we can add that video to the award announcement. Otherwise, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with mailing instructions to send DVD or CD via USPS.
4. Provide extracurricular activities that your child is involved in.
5. Provide stats or your child in your entry: Age, height, weight, goals, assists (if known), player and scholastic awards.
Please email all entries to email@example.com. We will be featuring both male and female players, though we are not going to determine our selection on gender alone. We might have some weeks where there are more girls than boys and visa versa the next set of weeks.
Good luck to all of those who enter!
Filed under: Website News |